Mindful Careers and College Workshops
With funding support from the Beach Cities Health District, I am pleased to offer a series of Mindful Career Development and College Planning Workshops to support the personal well-being, self-esteem, resilience and optimism of middle and high school students in the South Bay.
The purpose is foster positive youth development by providing an opportunity for reflection about values, strengths and interests. The intention is for students to learn mindfulness skills while offering opportunities for personal self-exploration. It provides a chance to step back from the day-to-day stress of school and reflect on life goals in a fun and creative environment.
In February and March, two sets of workshops will be offered at the following times:
· High School Set of 4 Workshops: Mondays from 4-6 pm, February 3-24, 2020.
· Middle School Set of 4 Workshops: Mondays from 4-6 pm, March 2- 23, 2020.
Middle and High School Workshop Topics:
· Week 1: Mindfulness, Stress Reduction and Resilience
· Week 2: Self-Exploration and Career Development
· Week 3: Educational Opportunities
· Week 4: Skill Development and Action Planning
To register, go to the Creative Life Mapping Website at www.creativelifemapping.com and click on Workshop Registration. Workshops are being held at the offices of Eugenie Lewis, LCSW, PPS, 3655 Torrance Blvd. 3rd Floor, Torrance, 90503. The cost of the set of four workshops is $50 and scholarships are available upon request by emailing Eugenie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org