Gambling Apps – Key Features, Trends, Benefits
The high technical capabilities of modern mobile devices and the increasing speed of the Internet inspire gambling operators to release full-fledged casino apps. Their installation takes a few minutes, after which users have free access to the entire gambling library right from their tablet or smartphone. This sounds fantastic, right?
Nowadays, the mobile market is on the rise; its audience keeps growing day by day. It is no wonder that the best payout online casino in Canada are making large-scale investments to expand their audience and ensure a proper customer reach. Here are some of the most important features that should be considered in the long run.
As a rule, the popular majority of gambling applications are available for free and do not differ from standard sites with gaming software in their functionality. Users get access to the same game assortment and bonus offers, just with a different view.
However, different casino apps differ greatly from each other, and here are some of the features of good casino mobile apps:
- Download and install – Unlike a desktop version of a casino, a mobile application must be downloaded to a mobile device. And a user should be able to choose the appropriate option depending on the technical parameters of the gadget. The installation should be automatic and take a few minutes. If the device’s system prohibits any actions with unfamiliar software, you need to enter the security settings and allow this action. In most cases, the application weighs no more than 20 MB and does not overload the device’s memory. For its full-fledged work, you do not need to install any additional programs;
- Adaptive design – The application should automatically adapt to the screen size of the mobile device. Of course, it differs from the desktop version and has a simplified interface, which ensures the fast loading of all the pages. At the same time, users should have access to the full functionality of the virtual club;
- Full synchronization with the server of the online gambling establishment – The application should run on the same server as the official website of the casino; therefore it can store all the information about the accounts of users in a single DB. So, new players can register with no problems, and returning customers can log in to the system using the already created username and password.
The Most Profitable Regions for Different Types of Gambling and Applications
Each region has a different approach to segment regulation and audience preferences, but they are all united by the demand for gambling and high betting costs. Affiliate programs collect statistics and analyze all traffic for each of the markets. For example, the Play Fortuna and Booi affiliate program works with different regions of the world and identifies the most effective geo for gambling based on the analysis of the behavior of a wide audience of users. In the mobile sector, Europe is the leader in spending on gambling, with a share of 54%, which is associated with a high level of well-being of citizens.
Mobile Gambling Market: Current State and Prospects
The mobile sector is one of the most promising, rapidly developing, and profitable areas of the gambling business regardless of the region and its regulation specs. Already today, many representatives of the gambling industry report that they receive over 50% of their income from mobile gambling. The same refers to bookmakers. In particular, 61% of the total profit received in the mobile sector of the market comes from sports betting, 30% – from gaming, and 9% – from lotteries.
As for the territorial distribution of revenues in the mobile sector, the most profit is provided in Europe – 54%. Asia accounts for 32%, North America brings 8%, Oceania generates 5%, while Latin America and Africa can boast no more than 1% each.
Benefits of Mobile Gambling
Mobile gambling has quickly gained popularity among players. According to Statista, the number of unique smartphone users has exceeded 2 billion. And many factors explain the situation perfectly well:
- Availability of new technologies – In developing countries, people with different income levels can afford a smartphone;
- High download speed – Thanks to this, users can access games without any delay; they can make a deposit, play their favorite games, and contact support while on the go;
- Ease of use – You can use the services of online casinos and virtual bookmakers using your smartphone at any time and from anywhere;
- Special incentives for players – Operators providing services in the mobile segment of the gambling market offer their customers unique bonuses. They can only be used by those users who play using portable devices;
- High-quality gambling content – Gambling games from the world’s leading providers are distinguished by top-notch graphics, sound effects, and a wide variety of gaming options.
Main Trends in Mobile Gambling
The availability and functionality of mobile platforms are attracting more and more unique users to gambling projects. Given the high competition in the industry, each operator strives not only to present a convenient mobile website and multifunctional application but also to introduce advanced technologies. In 2021, online establishments are using the following trends to attract the attention of more gamblers:
- Blockchain technology – it is not only a fashion statement but also an innovative way to guarantee users a high level of transaction security. Modern gamblers pay attention to this parameter and trust platforms that support this technology. In addition to increasing the level of transaction security, the blockchain provides maximum transparency as it automatically records all transactions carried out in the game. All gamblers’ data are stored in a distributed registry, which cannot be changed or accessed from the outside;
- Cryptocurrency – the ability to make payments using digital currency attracts gamblers who prefer to remain anonymous while putting money on their casino account. Cryptocurrency transactions are more reliable since the user does not need to provide personal data when making a deposit. According to gambling experts, blockchain and cryptocurrency will remain the most relevant trends in the gambling industry in the next five years;
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is a new technology that helps gambling projects stay competitive in 2021-2022. The use of AI programs makes it possible to form individual offers for players. The site integrates special smart algorithms that study the behavior of users on the site, and based on the collected data, they make predictions about the preferences of the players and give them appropriate recommendations. In addition, studying user activity and predicting the likelihood of their churn allows you to choose the right vector in the marketing program. AI technologies also help automate the process of communication with players, so market leaders are actively introducing chatbots and improving the feedback system;
- Virtual reality (VR) is a modern solution that is massively used by large online casino operators as a tool for attracting and retaining gamblers. According to recent research, VR technology enhances game engagement and immerses you in a real casino experience. However, at the moment, this solution is only promising since most mobile gadgets do not support virtual reality technologies. However, it is expected that devices will become more functional and affordable in the future. As a result, VR solutions will be massively used in mobile gambling to solve two problems – attracting new users and increasing brand awareness of a casino or bookmaker’s office;
- Live games – these are not a new trend in the gambling industry as such, but they will remain one of the most promising and effective methods of attracting an audience. Players prefer not only to take part in gambling entertainment but also to communicate with a real dealer and other visitors of the institution. According to H2 Gambling Capital, live dealer games generate about $ 1.2 billion a year for online casinos annually, which is equivalent to 25% of total revenue. At the same time, experts believe that the massive spread of mobile communications has only contributed to the growth in the popularity of live games. Thanks to convenient mobile solutions, it has become much easier for gamblers to play with a real dealer via their phone;
- Video streaming technologies – gamblers no longer face the problem of poor video streaming quality and small smartphone screen sizes. Despite the progress made, in order to attract new players, online casino game providers continue to improve their offerings, expanding the range of live games and increasing the number of languages in which they are broadcast;
- Networking is another online gambling trend. Industry representatives organize thematic events around the world to find new clients, partners, and investors. In 2020, many large-scale exhibitions and thematic events were canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, but market representatives were able to overcome these barriers and hold events in an online format. At such meetings, the prospects for mobile platforms are increasingly discussed and forecasts regarding the share of this segment in digital gambling are made.
Based on the above information and facts, it is important for gambling operators to create both desktop and mobile versions of their casinos. Of course, this will require significant investments but will bring good profits in the long run.