How to Make Coffee in a Turkish Coffee-Pot
Making coffee may seem easy, but in fact, it is a long and complicated process that requires some knowledge and skills. Follow simple tips to brew a delicious drink in a Turkish coffee pot.
If you enjoy the very aroma of the coffee, you should try different brewing methods. Some of them will help you discover a unique taste, while others will impress you with an unforgettable aftertaste. Are you tired of looking for top rated coffee makers under 200? It is high time to discover a cezve, a traditional long-handled pot that is aimed at brewing the world-known Turkish-style coffee. Only the well-grounded coffee should be taken if you are eager to take maximum pleasure from your coffee cup.
Generally, taking Turkish coffee is not a trivial thing, as its brewing requires some time and concern. Striving to experience an excellent result, it is indispensable to relish the action and transform it into something unique. Additionally, it is crucial to remember that exclusive equipment and top-quality coffee beans are required. If you have recently purchased a pack of the best coffee beans for cappuccino, put it aside and search for a stronger alternative.
Traveling to Turkey is the only way to witness an authentic coffee ceremony. When you come to somebody’s accommodation, hosts will not ask you whether you want some coffee. Instead, they will wonder the way you want it prepared. In fact, it does not imply anything else but the amount of sugar that should be put to the cup. If you host several people, your task is getting more complicated, as you wish to please everyone. Nonetheless, the challenge is real, and it may only take extra time.
Detailed Guidance to Making Traditional Turkish Coffee
Before you immerse yourself into the process, double-check whether you have the necessary equipment and high-quality components: cezve, water, coffee, granulated sugar and spices (optional).
- Take a special pot and pour some water (approximately 1.5 oz).
- This stage is optional. Care for some sugar, but only if you or your guests would love it sweet.
- Stir this combination until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil it.
- Take the cezve off and add coffee.
- Pull out the pot.
- Get rid of the foam and mix the components once again.
- Repeat the same procedure twice.
- Let it settle.
- Sterling drink is ready.
It is an original recipe, which means you can add some spices to enrich its taste and relish the unique aroma. Cardamom is one of the most favorite additives appreciated by devoted coffee drinkers.
Important Tips To Remember
Although you may theoretically know how to brew Turkish coffee, it is not the guarantee of a successful process and flawless result. It may take either a few minutes or several months to discover crucial details and specifications of the traditional beverage your friends will enjoy. Having no time for learning, you should seek the alternative way out. Check out simple guidelines and mind crucial recommendations that will help you succeed. Follow the tips to make the drink that will leave no one indifferent.
- Use special water. When we say special, we do not actually mean it. In fact, you should use the usual water, but make sure it is clean and cold. Additionally, striving to make an excellent drink, you may need to adjust the amount of water for each cup. Commonly, people get one cup of water to get a single serving of ready-made drink.
- Grounds. It has already been mentioned that Turkish coffee is an exclusive drink that should be made of top-notch and freshly roasted coffee beans. The optimal formula is 1 teaspoon coffee = 1 cup.
- Sweeteners. It is indispensable to add this ingredient right at the beginning to obtain a sweet drink. Stir water and sugar primarily to boiling.
Serving Is a Key
If you have finally got the desired result, your struggles are not over. Now you should help it outright. The first and the most important rule you need to remember is that this type of drink should be topped with natural foam. Additionally, there is a plethora of other points that may be useful for inexperienced home baristas.
- Cold water is a must. It will give a chance for your guests to clear their palates and experience an authentic taste.
- Some people also offer Turkish delights or other goods.
- When you serve Turkish coffee, it is inevitable to start with the eldest person in the room. It will show your manners and respect to everyone.
- This type of coffee is much stronger than traditional filter drinks, so you should not serve more than one cup.
- Serve some milk if you host older guests who prefer milder brew.
- Customize the recipe in accordance with your individual preferences.
If you follow all the above-mentioned directions, you are likely to prepare a cup of fantastic coffee. Remember that it may take some time and much effort for you to acknowledge all the aspects and learn the principles of a well-brewed coffee.
Be an Easy Reader Free Press supporter!
Yes, we know Easy Reader and EasyReaderNews.com are free. But they are not free to produce. The advertiser model that traditionally supported newspapers is fading away. This is our way of transitioning to a future where newspapers are supported by their readers. Which is as it should be. We hope you’ll support us. — Kevin Cody, Publisher