Hermosa for the Holidays: a weekend of family activities
An ice skating rink with faux ice at Hermosa Beach’s Pier Plaza delighted kids and a few adults on Friday. The ice skating began a weekend of holiday activities presented by the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and downtown merchants.
The rink is presented by Kinecta Federal Credit Union, and will be open Saturday, and Sunday Nov. 20, 21 from 11 a.m. — 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults, and $15 for children under age 12. This includes a skate rental and 50 minutes on the ice.
The activities continue through Sunday on Pier Plaza with music at 3 p.m. the tree lighting at 6 p.m., and more music until 8 p.m.
Other holiday activities over the weekend include:
- An artisans market Saturday and Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Stars Antiques parking lot, at 526 Pier Ave.
- Holiday stories read by the P3 Theater Company on Saturday, from 11 to 4 p.m., on the hour, in front of Java Man, at Pier and Manhattan avenues.
- Crayons and paper for children to write letters to Santa will be available Saturday, from 11 to 4 p.m. in front of Cafe Bonaparte, on Pier Plaza. And there will be a Santa mailbox.
- Holiday workshops, including cocktail making, cookie decorating to ornament, and wreath making will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Photos with Santa 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday
- Local charities will distribute cookies and hot chocolate on Sunday, from 3 to 8 p.m. on Pier Plaza. The Kinecta ice cream truck will be offering free ice cream bars.
- Local musicians will perform on pier plaza on Sunday, starting at 3 p.m. with the Hermosa Beach Valley School Band, followed by singer Aly Pangaro. Sentry Dogs will perform after the tree lighting, until 8 p.m.
- The tree lighting at Schumacher Plaza, at the foot of the pier will take place at 6 p.m.
For more information and to register for activities visit Hermosa Holidays.