Beach Cities Health District Seeks Applicants and Proposals for its Micro-Enrichment Grants
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is currently accepting applications for its Micro-Enrichment Grants (MEG) to enhance its ability to provide preventive health services in the community. These grants can provide up to $5,000 per request in a fiscal year for small, one-time, project-based health initiatives.
This application period runs until noon on May 21, 2021, with grant award announcements in June.
Grants are awarded biannually to programs that address one of the following health priority areas: Nutrition and exercise, social-emotional health, substance use and cognitive health. Multiple projects may be bundled on one application, not to exceed $5,000.
The criteria for applicants includes:
• Individuals or groups requesting MEG must be legal residents of or provide services to residents or employees in the three Beach Cities.
• The project must impact the health of the community within the scope of the BCHD health priorities, mission and strategic goals.
• Funding cannot in any way be related to fundraising activities or sponsorships for charitable events.
• Applicants associated with foundations that are sponsored or controlled by existing District grant recipients are not eligible to apply for additional funding.
• Funding cannot be related to the general operating budget of the applicant organization. Funding cannot be replacement funds so that a project’s current funding can be shifted to other programs of the applicant.
• Funding cannot be for basic research, defined herein as the pursuit of knowledge without immediate practical program or human application.
• The applicant must complete the MEG application form in its entirety for consideration. Incomplete applications will be returned.
• The applicant must sign an agreement and submit a final summary report at the completion
of the project.
• MEG funding is intended for one-time projects and not intended to be an ongoing source of funding. Projects that have received MEG funding in the past are not eligible to receive
funding for the same project.
BCHD’s Micro-Enrichment Grants are available two times a year: One micro-enrichment grant application period takes place in the fall and another in the spring. For this round, BCHD will receive applications and proposals from April 19, 2021 until noon on Friday, May 21, 2021. Visit www.bchd.org/grants for more information and to apply.